Friday, March 5, 2010

Remindmenevertoorganizeabirthdaysurpriseeveragain.




We had a huge blast at Unifest last night! The crowds were roaring [well, our crowd was anyway] and the performances were pretty darneffinawesome!


What made things so much cooler was............


I was asked to be one of the official photographers for the event!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! *screams like crazee* And because we had the pass, we got to get up close to the stage! *Another high pitch scream*


I was a wrecked case of nervousness at first, because the place was gonna be dim with hardly any light at all. And taking shots with dim light is never easy.


Considering i'm pretty much an amateur, i was afraid i wouldn't take any nice shots at all. But according to the comments some people gave, who saw the pictures that i took, i'd say i didn't suck that bad after all. Haha!


So yeah, although i had to slide across dirty floors, and kneel down till my knee felt numb, it was all worth it for the experience. Thank you Lam! For giving me this awesome opportunity.. =D





Okay so moving on to something that doesn't only revolve around me..................


Me and the peeps had a greattttt timee! Though i didn't get to join them much for the jumping parts, i still got to hang out with them during the whole performances. And taking pictures of them going wild is pretty funny!


The bands like Free To Fall [Casey Chong is obsessed with the drummer girl XD], An Honest Mistake, Bus Company, Saving Grace Period [I hope i didn't get the band names wrong], The Banana [Pisang Goreng they called themselves], and Seven something [I forgot, i'm soreeee] were ahmaazeeeenggg...


Not to mention the dance performances by Urban Grove [They keep getting better and better] and our very own UCSI Dacen Club [They were pretty good too].


Our friend Alvin was in the dance club. And so before they even came on stage we were shouting out his name! Chanting's more like it. He told me he was blushing so hard! Hahaha! [Oh Al.. ;)] We're so prouddd of him!


Oh did i mention there were modeling during the event..? Oh yeah, our very own UCSI models were strutting their stuff on the runway! Well, the lighting was a little of a disappointment, but the girls did pretty well. They managed to attract the guy's attention alright.



The entire event was pretty much a success. Even better than last year's. Not to mention i had some awesome people around me to make it so much more fun than ever.. =)


The only real disappointing thing that happened was......


My battery died out on me right before Alvin's dance group performed. I almost cried. Gahhh! Of all times! Anddddddddd not to mention that my external flash also died out on me before the event even started.


So i had to make use with the built in flash [ewwness] and adjust the shutter speed and aperture myself to make the lighting work. Thank God for Ayrton who was there with me the whole night to give me some pointers.


Thank You Ayrton Phua! XD



Well, i'd love to upload pictures here. But unfortunately for you, Jo is having my memory card [I know right, Jo Quaaahhhh!!] so i don't have any to put up. But i will soon, once i get it back and have the time!


Right now, i gotta go out to celebrate my dear friend Marcus's birthday! Giving him a surprise! That's what my post title was for. Remind me to never plan a surprise birthday for people cause it drives me crazeeee! Ciao people!





No comments: