Monday, March 23, 2009

23rd March - The Unluckiest Day Ever

Okay, I shall tell you people how 23rd March is the unluckiest day for me.

I'm seriously jinxed today i tell you..!

Okay, so the day started out with me getting ready for our big presentation for Moral Studies.

But when i arrived in class, some of our other group members haven't arrived yet.

So when the teacher asked us if we could start now, we had to delay our presentation for like 10 to 15 minutes later.

And finally, when our other members arrived, we could finally start.

Butttt, another problem occured.

The freakin mike wasn't working on that day.

So we had to present without using the mike.

For some of us daring ones, like me and my group of friends, we spoke loud and clear enough for the teacher to hear, who sat wayy wayy back from the stage.

As for some other members, they spoke SO softly, that even when i'm sitting beside them, i couldn't even hear what they were saying..!

To make matters worse, they come from chinese schools.

So you can imagine how they presented when the whole presentation was in English.

And finally, when the presentation was over, the teacher told us,



" I don't know how to grade you guys. Because, i can hardly even hear what you're saying..! Sure i could just read it from the slide show, but this is a presentation. And you're suppose to PRESENT it. "



Then the teacher asked us a few question related to the topic we chose which was ' War, Peace, and Terrorism '.

And she just HAD to ask questions about Terrorism.

For that topic, we gave the task to the other members (the ' soft spoken ' members from chinese schools) to do research on.

And apparently, they didn't research thoroughly enough.

The questions that the teacher asked were all related to the facts from research.

So we were even more doomed than before.

To make things even more painful for us, later when another group went up to present, the teacher found out why the mike wasn't working.

THE MIKE WAS UNPLUGGED.

Wow, surprise surprise.

Apparently, my guy friends who we thought were ' smart ' enough to check the freakin plug before announcing that the mike is spoiled, did NOT do that.

And so, the second team that were presenting got to use the mike and be heard.





Then when the whole class was over, my group of friends, we were feeling sooo depressed from the suckish presentation, wanted to go get ice cream to cheer ourselves up.

So we went all the way from block C to block A just to go to that shop that sells our favourite ice creams.

And surprise surprise again.

They were all sold out.

So we had to go ALL the way back to block C again to buy ice creams.

When we arrived at the lift to go up to the level that sells ice cream, there were already a lot of people waiting for the lift.

So i told my friends, " We won't be able to go into the lift. There's too many people here. "

And my friend said, " We'll make it! We will. "

I replied, " I don't think soooo. After we all go in, then the lift makes that ' Teet Teet Teet Teet Teet ' sound then you know. "

And har har. What do you know.

When we all squished ourselves into the lift, the lift makes that really loud sound,

' TEET TEET TEET TEET TEET!!!! '

So, me and my friends all have to get out of the lift.

How sad is that..?




Then when we finally got onto the next lift, me and my friend were kind of debating (like we always do).

And suddenly, my other friend said " STOP YOU GUYS!! Do you realize that we were suppose to get off at level 1, and now we're already at level 2?? And do you realize that Sean's not in the lift anymore?? " (Sean's our other friend)

So me and my two friends had to go all the way up to level 4, then make our way back to level 1 again.






After finally getting our ice cream, we took the lift up to our Positive Psychology class at level 4.

During the ride up to our class, i turned to my friends and said,

" Eh, our presentation for Positive Psychology is this Wednesday right? Don't after the teacher say it's today..! Then we're all dead. Haha! "

And lo and behold, my day just had to go and turn suckier.

When my teacher entered the class, she said to all of us,

" Okay!! You may all start your presentation now!! "

We all just stared at her, mouth wide open.

She looked at us and said, " You do know that your presentation is today right?? "

We all started shaking our heads and said NO NO NO!!!

And i started looking at my friends and said, " I told you today is jinxed!! What i said came true!! =S "

In the end we all had to present our first assignment, which was quite easy to do since it was just talking about what positive quality we see in ourselves.

As for the other presentation, we have to do it on Wednesday.






At the end of class, we were standing in the lift waiting to reach the ground floor.

And suddenly, the thought of the lift suddenly being spoiled and dropping all the way to the ground floor at a high speed and crashing came into my head (don't ask me why, it just did).

Then i turned to my friends and said,



" I'm not going to say another word today. We're jinxed enough..! "





And that was the end of my unluckiest day ever. When you have an even worse day, remember to tell me. Then maybe i won't feel so jinxed anymore. =S

1 comment:

carol said...

hahaha omg sounds positively jinxed! here, a hug :D

things will get better!