Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Barbie Girl

Girls, remember an old old song titled 'Barbie Girl '?

I'm sure the guys have heard of it before too right..?





Anyway, i never really knew what the lyrics to that song were.

Until, one day my friend showed me some videos that has that song in it.

So the curious me googled for the lyric to that song.

And this is what i found.


[ To view the lyrics, click here. ]






You know what i think of this lyrics?

I think this lyrics is downright obscene and insulting.

No, seriously!!

When you read the lyrics again,



[ I'm a blond bimbo girl, in the fantasy world
Dress me up, make it tight, I'm your dolly
You're my doll, rock'n'roll, feel the glamour in pink,
kiss me here, touch me there, hanky panky...
You can touch, you can play, if you say: "I'm always yours" ]



The whole verse was practically screaming with obscenity.

No?



[ Kiss me here, touch me there, hanky panky. ]






And can you imagine,

This song was originally written for small, innocent, little girls.





Can you also imagine them singing this song at the top of their lungs in the backseat of a car with their parents at the front listening to every word she's singing??


Gosh.

If MY child was to sing that song,

I'd faint.





And this verse here,



[ Make me walk, make me talk, do whatever you please
I can act like a star, I can beg on my knees
Come jump in, bimbo friend, let us do it again,
hit the town, fool around, let's go party
You can touch, you can play, if you say: "I'm always yours"
You can touch, you can play, if you say: "I'm always yours" ]



Gosh gosh gosh..!

And we wonder why the young kids are so out of control nowadays.





I had a friend who told me this story about a little girl before.



Melanie, a small little girl, was singing to Akon's song, in the backseat with her mum driving in the front.



She sang........... " I wanna make love right now (na na), I wanna make love right now (na na).... "



And her mum scolded her!





Don't you think it's time for a change..?

Cause i do.

Well, hey, that's just my opinion.

=]

















Watch these videos just for fun.


Click here and here.









" I think we need a revolution. "



No comments: